When in South Korea
All things South Korea by I am a Frugal Traveler.
Planning to visit South Korea?
You’ll find detailed itineraries, expenses, and travel tips here.
Read my posts below!
I personally recommend booking the following for your pocket wifi, transportation cards, passes, trips, or admission tickets!
T-Money Transportation Card
- T-Money Card for cashless payments in various public transports, convenience stores, and vending machines (Book Here)
Korea Rail Pass
Join-In Tours and Bus Transfers
When in Seoul
- Nami Island, The Garden of Morning Calm, Petite France and Gangchon Rail Bike day tour from Seoul (Book here)
- Juknokwon Bamboo Garden, Damyang Metasequoia Road, and Jeonju Hanok Village Day Tour from Seoul (Book here)
- DMZ Bus Transfer for your DMZ roundtrip shuttle bus transfer from Seoul (Book Here)
- Wondaeri Birch Tree Forest and Alpaca World Day Tour from Seoul (Book Here)
- Jade Garden Natural Arboretum and Edelweiss Swiss Theme Park day tour from Seoul (Book Here)
When in Jeju Island
When in Busan
Budget Accommodations in South Korea
I personally recommend the following budget accommodations for your stay in South Korea. Just click each image for more details.
Namsan Gil House, Myeongdong
Bunk Guesthouse Hostel, Hongdae
Insadong Hostel, Insadong
Hostel Familie Busan, Busan
Dono Hotel, Donghae
Hotel Kenny Seogwipo, Jeju Island
Blueboat Hostel Gyeongju, Gyeongju
Vella Suite Hotel, Suwon
Smile Guesthouse, Seoraksan, Sokcho
South Korea Blog Posts
Visit Gyeongju in South Korea for UNESCO World Cultural Heritage sites and national treasures which date back to as early as the year 400!
I visited as a fan. I left as an enlightened traveler with a deeper appreciation of South Korea and its culture. Explore Seoul with me on this detailed itinerary with budget.
I visited South Korea in winter for my first snow experience. Read my detailed itinerary and expenses for my winter adventures in different places.
I traveled to Jinbu from Seoul for the Pyeongchang Trout Festival for my first snow adventure for this winter trip. With detailed itinerary and expenses.
We went skiing at Daemyung Vivaldi Ski Park Resort after picking strawberries and rail biking around Yangpyeong. Check out our itinerary and expenses.
We visited Suwon to try the Korean archery and walk around this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Check out our detailed itinerary and expenses.